17 January 2017

Clerkenwell Grind


Starting your day in the right way can really set your mood for the rest of the day. So when Claire invited me along to Clerkenwell Grind for breakfast I'd have been a fool to say no. A good breakfast is the ideal way to start the day. You may be familiar with 'Grind' their founding cafe and bar 'Shoreditch Grind' on Old St roundabout. It never fails to put a smile on my face when I go past and see their latest quote/joke on their cinema style sign. They now have eight locations across London and are continuing to expand.
Clerkenwell Grind is their newest location and what a spectacle it is! This venue is their first restaurant, cafe and bar. Pink velvet booths in the cafe area and the restaurant opens out to the dark teal booths accompanied by light pink chairs, this place is close to giving the gallery room at Sketch a run for its money! Now on to the important matter of coffee and food. Claire opted for a fresh mint tea which smelt divine and I had a flat white. I have never had a bad coffee in any of the Grind locations, a fail safe choice for a caffeine pick me up wherever I am in the city. We both had juice which was freshly made and tasted great. We opted for smashed avocado and poached eggs on toast, a classic choice and very scrumptious with added side of feta too. French banana toast which would have been yummy on it's own but the addition of coconut frozen yoghurt made it SO YUMMY! Oh my goodness I can't wait to visit again and have this for breakfast! Lastly we shared an Açaí bowl. I hadn't tried one before that morning and I have to say its got me hooked, they are delicious. The perfect balance between a smoothie, granola and fruit salad. Ollie has even commented on how many times I have mentioned having an Açaí bowl since, slightly obsessed!! Safe to say that Clerkenwell Grind has got mine and Claire's approval. This location may just become my most frequented venue from now on. I can't not mention the uber cool neon on the wall as you walk in, a good neon sign is something all of the Grind branches have and I love that they are all different. One thing you can't stop by and not see is the bar, head downstairs and take a peak behind the velvet curtain, I am really looking forward to stopping by one evening for cocktails very soon indeed.























Share:

4 comments

  1. What lovely photos, that place sounds amazing to visit! I particularly love the pink seats :)

    Kayleigh | anenthusiasmfor.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kayleigh! You should definitely stop by next time your in the area :)

      Delete
  2. Your photos are gorgeous. What a beautiful space! I can picture myself having brunch there for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Yes you should definitely visit for brunch next time your in the area :)

      Delete

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig