29 December 2016

Farewell 2016

My my my what a year it's been, perhaps the best one yet if you ask me. 2016 had the world questioning whether we could start all over again, can we press restart, plug it back in again?Thats not been the case for me though.
I thought I'd round up some photos from shoots and travels from throughout this past year and tell you some of my highlights too.
Getting to go away not once but twice with Ollie this year, we've set the bar rather high when it comes to destinations too. Our first holiday together was to New York back in April, it not only confirmed NYC as being one of my favourite cities in the world but also will always hold unforgettable memories from our trip together. Our second trip was to Paris in September, which was also our first visit to a theme park together. We had such a great time wandering the streets of Paris and it was such a pleasure to show Ollie some of my favourite spots in the city.
As cliche as it is, they say travel is the only thing that makes you richer. Apart from strong relationships, I do believe in that quote. I have been so fortunate this year to travel for both work and play and it's been the most incredible year because of all the new places I've seen and been able to capture with my camera. To sum up my travel in numbers this year it goes a little like this: 5 countries, 7 trips, 15 flights and a million and one photographs. I've been to Paris, Santorini, New York, Lisbon, Valencia, and Ile de Re. I can only dream that 2017 will continue the same way. This time last year I only had one trip booked for the year ahead; NYC. So you never know what my be on the horizon. I've got my fingers crossed.
Continuing to work with people that inspire me on amazing projects. I'm really chuffed that I got to work with Tanya Burr throughout September London Fashion Week this year. I also worked with Victoria on some great projects including a shoot for Burberry for Mother's Day. This year also saw the start of a partnership with one of my favourite brands Cambridge Satchel Company. I not only love working with the brand but it's been amazing to work on shoot concepts together with the team and see them come to life.
Cementing friendships that will last a lifetime. I have a very close knit group of best friends and this year Ollie, Emily and Meredith have not only have supported and encouraged me, but I knew they'd got my back no matter what happens. Emily and I spent 5 days in Valencia switching off and having a chilled out time soaking up the sunshine, which was just what we both needed. At the end of the summer Meredith, Ollie, Pete and I had a little staycation in London and the Suffolk Coast. Meredith flew back over from Toronto for the week and it was honestly one of the best weeks this year. A week where we all constantly laughed and really didn't have a care in the world, sheer perfection if you ask me.
My family are extremely important to me. This year has been a big one for James. He's learnt to walk and talk, I seriously can not believe his vocabulary, he might be a boy genius! We've welcomed a new little arrival George into the family earlier this month which is the most perfect way to end the year. I can't wait to see him learn and grow next year and all the mischief he'll get up to with his big brother James. Becoming an Auntie has been one of the most fulfilling things in life thus far. Spending Christmas all together this year was very magical and special. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year if you ask me.
I’m ready for whatever 2017 has in store and ready to make it the best year yet. It’s definitely got some strong competition to beat from 2016. And finally a massive thank you to you, my readers! It honestly means so much to me that you stop by my blog, look at my photos and see what I’m getting up to. I hope you’ll enjoy continuing to follow my adventures next year. I wish you a truly amazing 2017!
See you then, Amber-Rose x

























Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig