15 November 2016

Travel Essentials


You may have seen my Travel and Holiday essentials post earlier this year. I’ve decided to do a little updated version of the travel essentials that I’ve now added and am still bringing along on my recent and forthcoming trips.
I don’t know about you, but I’m a meticulous planner. I like knowing where everything like my important documents and travel money are, especially on the day of travel. Before my trip to Paris with Ollie I picked up this navy leather travel documents wallet, which is just perfect and from none other than one of my favourite stationary stores Kikki K. This has space for your passport, a pen holder, a zipper pouch for money and travel documents. This wallet is just perfect when you're searching through your handbag trying to find one of those items. Most of the other pieces in this post I kept all together in a clear ziplock pouch in my handbag so I knew where they all were.
Here are a few of my other additions to my travel essentials. A guide book: Ollie had visited Paris once before our visit, so I wanted to get an up to date guidebook to see what new insights were on offer. Cereal Mag have created their own city guides, which is a match made in heaven. They’re not only aesthetically gorgeous but it contains some great recommendations too. It’s great to have a guidebook to hand that you can fall back on if you need to when traveling, being able to visit somewhere that’s been tried and tested by others.
A notebook: It's nice to have somewhere to jot down places you’ve visited or accounts of your day. Whilst in Paris I hadn’t started my bullet journal, which I now carry everywhere with me. It's a combination of a daily diary and a notebook, which for me works perfectly. Let me know if you’d like a post explaining my bullet journal process/set up. I have become a serious bujo-junkie over the past two months, but whenever I travel I always take a notebook with me.
I mentioned this in my last post and this item is still one of my favourites when traveling; an Instax Mini. I love capturing one off snapshots of my adventures. I love the quality and look that the instant film produces too.
You may already have a travel friendly perfume, but I’d highly recommend investing in one. I picked up the Chanel Coco Mademoiselle at duty-free on my way to Santorini and then I treated myself again in duty free on the way to New York to a travel-sized Jo Malone cologne. They don’t take up much room in your liquids and they are the perfect size to put in your handbag too. Another little piece I picked up in Kikki K were these handy sticky notes. Ideal for marking pages in our guidebook and for adding quick notes to my notebook when we were out and about.
If you’ve followed me for longer than a month you’ll probably know I have an obsession with photobooths. So a trip to Paris wouldn’t have been complete without a pit-stop at Palais de Tokyo and popping in the photobooth. I love to have little mementos like this to remember a trip by. Along with the instax shots they're the perfect travel mementos! I'd love to hear what your travel essentials are!

















Share:

1 comment

  1. Your photos look great, I want to go to Paris too haha I always bring a notebook too, I like to work when I'm a plane and I usually do some brainstorming for my blog! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig