21 November 2016

Autumn Enjoyments


Autumn rolls around each year the clocks go back and the evenings get darker much earlier. This happens every year, so why I am still not used to it? This year I am trying to embrace the darker evenings by getting cosy and wrapping up in a jumper and reading a book. In fact I’m currently reading ‘The Little Book of Hygge’ and I'm enjoying it a great deal. I may even do a post once I’ve finished to tell you my thoughts on it and what I’ve done differently since reading it.
This Autumn I’m embracing the little enjoyments the season brings. Having my little nephew James (he’s nearly 2, how did that happen) has reminded me how fun Autumn was when I was a child. James, my folks and I played out in the garden for an entire morning throwing the fallen leaves in the air and crunching them under our wellingtons. The chuckle James would let out when the leaves were falling was just priceless!
Another thing I have started sticking to is getting up at the same time even at the weekend (apart from the exception of a lie in once in while, which is 100% needed). This way you get to enjoy more of the daylight and the day. I recently met up with Jazmine for breakfast at Farm Girl in Notting Hill. It was so lovely to catch up properly and indulge in a delicious breakfast! When we parted ways it still felt like we had the whole day ahead of us, I love that feeling. What is your favourite thing about Autumn?



















Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig