29 June 2016

NYC - Dumbo & Brooklyn Bridge Park

 

Waking up to a sunny and bright Brooklyn, we had a few plans in mind for the day ahead including seeing the sunset at Top Of The Rock, there will be more on that along with photos in the next NYC post.
We packed our overnight pieces from our restful and luxurious stay at Aloft Brooklyn and headed out in search of a diner for breakfast. We ended up at Juniors which was less than a 5 minute walk away. Ollie chose eggs benedict with grits and I had French toast with bacon and lashings of maple syrup! Suitably full we walked to the metro to explore Dumbo and Brooklyn Bridge Park in the sunshine.
We stumbled upon an awesome flea market a few streets from the iconic photo spot in Dumbo. Ollie bought a really cool vintage motorcycle numberplate and I picked up some letter varsity patches for myself and Emily; I’m planning to get mine stitched onto my Levis Trucker jacket.
No matter how many photos and films I have seen featuring the iconic Dumbo location overlooking Manhattan bridge nothing compares to seeing it with my own eyes. The contrast of the blue against Brooklyn brown stone apartments, it epitomises New York for me. We walked towards the river and onto Brooklyn Bridge Park, another sight I’m fond of. Watching the river waves splash along the pebbles and seeing the city traffic speed by on the bridge, such a contrast of calm and busy which is New York in a nutshell. Wandering around the park soaking up the sunshine we spotted the famous Jane’s Carousel and we had to take a closer look. Such intricate detail has gone into each of the decorative horses, so interesting to see up close. Ollie and I then headed back to Manhattan where our adventures continued.





































Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig