22 May 2016

NYC - Aloft Brooklyn


Whilst in NYC, Ollie and I celebrated our 1st anniversary together. This was totally by chance when we booked the holiday. I wanted to surprise Ollie whilst we were there as we’d planned the entire trip together and I wanted us to do something that he had no idea about. I booked a luxurious night's stay at ‘Aloft Brooklyn’, a luxury treat for the two of us, that allowed us to get to explore Brooklyn a little more.
I have a few upcoming posts to show you all what we got up to in Brooklyn so keep your eyes peeled. When we woke up that morning I told Ollie we’d be heading to Brooklyn for the day and staying the night. We both packed a small bag for the night and headed over to Brooklyn.
Aloft Brooklyn had all we could have needed for our stay. Our room looked out onto city and even a glimpse of the river. We got our hit of classic American TV before having a wander around the local area and of course stopped by a few shops, hello Macy’s!
The bed in our room was enormous and was honestly one of the comfiest beds I have ever slept in!! Very similar in fact to the ‘Le Meridien Etoile’ in Paris which is another of the wonderful hotels under the Starwood company. I would have brought the bed back with me given the chance, but not sure airport security would have been that amused!
The room had complimentary tea and coffee which was more than needed after such a dreamy night's sleep. I really liked the modern style of the hotel and how it felt like a luxury apartment. A wonderful anniversary evening spent in true NYC style if you ask me! The following morning we headed out into the glorious sunshine to explore Brooklyn some more.

















Post in collaboration with Aloft Brooklyn, all thoughts and opinions are my own
Share:

2 comments

  1. Congratulations on your one year together. Such a brilliant idea booking a hotel in Brooklyn, so many tourists (including myself), stay in the Manhattan bubble.

    https://lifeisforlivingweb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Siobhan :) Was so nice to spend a couple of days exploring Brooklyn, we also had an Airbnb in Manhattan for the rest of the trip. Glad you like the post!

      Delete

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig