8 May 2014

Bubba The Duckling


Sometimes every once in a while, something out of the ordinary happens. My latest little story comes in the form of this adorable duckling 'Bubba'. Last week a whole bundle of ducklings hatched in the garden, it was one of those scenarios where we just happened to be in the right place at the right time, as both Mum & I were at home for the day. We watched them potter around the garden looking for an escape route and as we watched there was a little one who struggled to keep up. It soon became apparent one of its legs wasn't up to scratch, we tried placing him back with the Mother Duck and the other gorgeous ducklings. But as they marched out of the garden to the river, he got left behind. We couldn't just leave him there, could we?! 

So we spent the whole afternoon and evening with our attention firmly on our newly acquired duckling. He went for a little swim in the tin bath (he swam in circles, extremely cute but sad too). He loved being held and chirped and chirped for cuddles. That first evening I held him to my face and he nuzzled into my neck and fell asleep in my hair, how on earth could I not get attached to this fluffy thing. 

That first night we were unsure if he'd make it through, so when I woke up the next morning the very first thing I did was run to check on him. He greeted me with squinty eyes and began to chirp. I couldn't have felt more relieved. Once returning home from work that evening I watched him hop around the garden, he seemed to have really built up his strength, but still wasn’t using both of his legs. I made sure I got lots of cuddles with the little fella and once again he fell asleep all tuck up in my neck as I sat on the sofa. 

The following day he chirped away as I wished him a good morning and headed off to work. That evening Mum told me how lively he’d been all day. He didn’t stop hopping around and wanted constant attention. We introduced Pudding the rabbit to Bubba and he seemed quite bemused by it all. Tiny Bubba was chirping away and keep nuzzling into Pudding deep fur coat, they both seemed very content with one another, it was one of the cutest things we’ve ever seen.

The following morning he had passed away, Mum and I were extremely sad. But I’m just very pleased we got to give the little guy a very loved few days. Here’s to Bubba the duckling and all the joy he brought us in his precious days here with us. We shall be sure to never forget how adorable and lovable he was. 

Share:

6 comments

  1. Oh what a heartbreaking love affair! I/m glad he got a chance to learn what love is.
    "I'm not a smart man, but i know what love is". Adorable little fluff ball, rest in peace Bubba xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Lula, Thank you for such a beautiful comment :) xx

      Delete
  2. omg, he is so so cute! r.i.p Bubba! xxx

    http://peanutbutterandmussels.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really was adorable, thanks Queenie xx

      Delete
  3. This is the loveliest thing I have seen, you beautiful lady <3 such a gorgeous little Bubba too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Olivia!! Your too kind. Look forward to seeing you very soon xxx

      Delete

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig