21 November 2012

Autumnal WInds - Olivia Purvis

Amongst the golden leaves and blustery winds, Olivia and I ran around the fields and woods to capture a true essence of Autumnal fun! It was lovely to finally get to meet the gorgeous Olivia from 'What Olivia Did' if you haven't seen her blog, one I can’t believe you haven’t and second get yourself over there pronto and take a look!  I quizzed Olivia on some blogging trivia, her picks for this autumn/winter and the like. I hope you enjoy our little interview and the photos too of course! I can’t wait to collaborate with this lovely lady again very soon.
 

How did you get into blogging?
I’d been reading fashion and style blogs for a good few months, and after initially writing a music blog it seemed like a natural progression to start my own and then branch out more into my first true love; fashion (deep huh?)
 
What inspires you as well as encourages you to continue blogging?
Oh everything and anything- it can be from the music i’ve been listening to, the blogs i’ve been reading, the girl in the street with the amazing outfit on, the food i’ve eaten, films i’ve watched - to eras gone by or new favourite items- the list can go on!


 

 
How did it feel winning your award this year at the Cosmo blog awards?
Unreal! It was never something I could possibly have expected, and it still surprises me. I feel so lucky to have the amazing supportive readers that I have.

What are you key pieces for autumn and winter?
Lots of chunky knitwear, a cosy oversized camel coat, some black studded chelsea boots and some chunky novelty socks for good measure.

Which bloggers inspire you?
Oh there are literally so many; theres so many with so many contrasting styles which I love. My favourites are Jazzabelle’s Diary, wishwishwish, shiny thoughts, i want you to know, little bird fashion, thrills and frills, wayward daughter- and oh my goodness so so many! 
 
What’s your favourite accessory?
Probably my burgundy fedora at the moment! Although I’m rarely seen without my gold chain ‘Love’ necklace.
 



Who’s style do you admire and why?
So many people! My mum and nan can both put together some amazing outfits, but even my best friend Gemma and boyfriend! In terms of more ‘famous personalities’ I love Alexa Chung, Drew Barrymore, Fearne Cotton, Anna Karina, Audrey Hepburn and lots of lovely sixties sirens!

How would you describe your style?
Something like girlie girl meets tom boy with a bit of child like sixties nostalgia thrown in for good measure.


One item you couldn’t live without?
My trusty black jeans or a good old striped top! Boring but fail safe.

What’s your go-to outfit?
Probably something involving a dirty old pair of jeans, a striped t shirt, boyfriend coat and a slick of lipstick to make me feel less boring- it’s what Grazia describe as a ‘hangover’ outfit haha!

 
What are you looking forward to in 2013?
A summer holiday! I’m going away next summer to Ibiza which should be lovely and hitting Glastonbury in June which should be fun! Fingers crossed for a full time job too!
 
Your goals for the year ahead?
To stay happy and healthy, keep blogging and hopefully blag myself a grown up job!
 
 
An finally a few behind the scenes photos from the shoot off of instagram.


Share:

6 comments

  1. Olivia is my fave blogger of the moment (dont worry, im sure that wont change lol) Your photography is gorgeous. Great setting and great model eh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim :) & she is fabulous isn't she!

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge fan of Olivia's blog and I'm just blown away by your photography! I wish my blog photos were half as good as yours! Any tips ha!?? Stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lizzie, thats so lovely of you. I'm really pleased you like the photos. My only tip would be photograph what you love and things that inspire you x

      Delete
  3. She such a fabulous blogger, and your photography is BEAUTIFUL! Such a lovely post xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Olivia's blog! Thank you so much, it means a great deal to me that people are seeing and liking my work! x

      Delete

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig